About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Novel Review: The Long Winter

Photobucket


The Long Winter is a novel about a family's struggle to survive the historic winter blizzard of 1880 - 1881. The author of the book is Laura Ingalls Wilder. The book is fairly based on her childhood and experiences living in a pioneer family. This novel is a book from the Little House book series. The story was set in South Dakota on a praire. The main character is Laura who is very helpful to the family and one of the older siblings of four children. She tells of her journey through one of history's longest series of snow storms, especially how supplies and food began to run low. They were warned of a big snow storm coming but from October to May was not what they expected. This book is great for young teenagers and young adults. But any age will enjoy it. I will say no more, you need to read it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment