About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tornadoes

I just felt in my heart, with all the devastation going on throughout the midwestern U.S. with tornadoes, to do a post about my feelings and tornadoes. My prayers are going out to all the people who were affected by these natural disasters. They are trying to recover from extensive damage and loss of friends and family. The area in which this has been taken place in is called "Tornado Alley" between the Rocky and Appalachian Mountains and a tornado can occur at any given time. Nobody deserves to witness any type of disasters, whether they are natural or man-made. Times are so hard these days as it is and to lose what you have is very hard to replace.

Photobucket

Image: NOAA


According to Wikipedia, "a tornado is a violent, dangerous, rotating column of air that is in contact with both the surface of the earth and a cumulonimbus cloud or, in rare cases, the base of a cumulus cloud." They form from the clouds that cause thunderstorms turning to supercell storms from rotating air that causes the clouds to form a funnel shape that drops to the ground and moves at violent wind speeds. They mainly occur in spring and summer months. This is why so many tornado breakouts are occuring now. With climate change it can worsen and be more destructive in comings years. Tornadoes are very unpredictable and disasterous. I just hope they continue to work on ways to get a stronger prediction to save people's lives.

Photobucket

Image: NOAA


For More Info
Here's a Wikipedia article.

No comments:

Post a Comment