About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet Me In The Garden 2012 Pt. 1

6/17/12 Hey everyone. Sorry for the late start to my posts. I have been gardening but so busy being Michael Jackson. I'm Newark, NJ's first female impersonator and I go by Mikette. I've been making so many appearances lately. I had to pause and say "What about my urban gardeners like me? I have to keep them interested in such a relaxing and fun past time." Thank you all who have been following me this long.
This year is my second year with my community plots. My family and I are trying to have a much more successful looking garden after learning from mistakes we have made the previous year. We did have a late start and still pretty awkward run because the conservancy still haven't sealed the rain barrels properly, so the water is exposed to contaminants. Luckily, we have had plenty of rainy days to supply water. Other than that we a lugging our watering cans across the street, but we are not too far from the plots. We still have to place marigolds in the plots for insect control.
As Mikette in the garden after my performance
Photobucket
This year we decided to plant less in each box, because last year the vegetables were fighting for sunlight and water. They were a bit too close together. This year we are growing cabbage, collards, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and with a new addition of broccoli. This is my first time growing broccoli and I can't wait to see how it turns out. We also used Vigoro All Purpose Plant Food the first week to help them root stronger.
Tuesday May 29, 2012
Plot 1
Photobucket
Photobucket
Plot 2
Photobucket
Photobucket
Plot 3
Photobucket
Photobucket
Around the garden
Photobucket
Wednesday June 13, 2012
Plot 1
Photobucket
Plot 2
Photobucket
Plot 3
Photobucket
Photobucket
Around the garden
Photobucket
My sister in the garden
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment